Mon, 26 Apr|
Pembroke Beauty College
ITEC Beauty Specialist Course April 2021 - 1 day per week
Qualification: ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Aim: This course is designed for anyone who cannot commit to full time study due to work or family commitments. Students attend one day per week, Mondays and cover all aspects of beauty therapy..
Time & Location
26 Apr 2021, 10:00 – 16:00
Pembroke Beauty College, 123 O'Connell St, Centre, Limerick, V94 V6HR, Ireland
About The Event
Entry Level: Leaving Certificate standard or an equal standard of education is required for this course, however experience will be considered for mature students who wish to return to study.
A person displaying a high level of interpersonal skills in particular excellent communication and listening skills, patience, tact and diplomacy and time keeping and a well groomed appearance is an advantage.
• Anatomy & physiology: general study of the subjects to include cells, tissues and the main systems of the body, concentration on the face, head and neck areas.
• Skin: study of the structure and function of the skin, including skin disorders and diseases.
• Cleansing and toning: use of milks and creams, facial steamers and preparation of masks and their uses
• Facial massage: full facial massage sequence from the décolleté right up to the scalp
• Eye treatments: eyebrow shaping, eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
• Make up: the practice and art of day, evening, special occasion and bridal make up. Corrective techniques, colour planning and preparation of the skin prior to application.
• Manicure and pedicure: structure of the nail, nail diseases and disorders, manicure and pedicure procedure, hand and foot massage.
• Waxing: Depilatory waxing, warm strip wax technique and hot/film peel off wax technique for sensitive areas of the body.
• General: first aid, hygiene, business management, professional ethics, consultation, electricity.
* Spray tanning and UV Polish is also included.