ITEC Beauty Specialist Course April 2021 - 1 day per week
Time & Location
About The Event
Entry Level: Leaving Certificate standard or an equal standard of education is required for this course, however experience will be considered for mature students who wish to return to study.
A person displaying a high level of interpersonal skills in particular excellent communication and listening skills, patience, tact and diplomacy and time keeping and a well groomed appearance is an advantage.
• Anatomy & physiology: general study of the subjects to include cells, tissues and the main systems of the body, concentration on the face, head and neck areas.
• Skin: study of the structure and function of the skin, including skin disorders and diseases.
• Cleansing and toning: use of milks and creams, facial steamers and preparation of masks and their uses
• Facial massage: full facial massage sequence from the décolleté right up to the scalp
• Eye treatments: eyebrow shaping, eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
• Make up: the practice and art of day, evening, special occasion and bridal make up. Corrective techniques, colour planning and preparation of the skin prior to application.
• Manicure and pedicure: structure of the nail, nail diseases and disorders, manicure and pedicure procedure, hand and foot massage.
• Waxing: Depilatory waxing, warm strip wax technique and hot/film peel off wax technique for sensitive areas of the body.
• General: first aid, hygiene, business management, professional ethics, consultation, electricity.
* Spray tanning and UV Polish is also included.