ITEC and CIBTAC Holistic Massage with Anatomy & Physiology
Time & Location
About The Event
During this course you will learn about the concept and history of massage. You will find out about the physiological and psychological effects of massage whilst learning how to select the correct medium and treatment plan for a client.
As a qualified massage therapist you can gain employment in salons, day spas, health farms or cruise ships both at home and abroad.
Entry Level: Leaving Certificate standard or an equal standard of education is required for this course, however experience will be considered for mature students who wish to return to study.
A person displaying a high level of interpersonal skills in particular excellent communication and listening skills, patience, tact and diplomacy and time keeping and a well groomed appearance is an advantage.
• Anatomy & physiology to include:
- Skeletal system/Muscular System
- Vascular System/Circulatory System/Lymphatic System
- Digestive System/Respiratory system
- Excretory/Urinary System
- Accessory Organs
• Full Body practical massage procedure
• Skin structure and Functions
• Skin Diseases
• Health and Hygiene
• Professional Conduct and Business awareness