CIDESCO Full time Day Course September 2022..NOW ENROLLING...
Time & Location
About The Event
Entry Level: Leaving Certificate standard or an equal standard of education is required for this course.
· Anatomy & physiology: general study of the subjects to include cells, tissues and the main systems of the body, concentration on the face, head and neck areas.
· Skin: study of the structure and function of the skin, including skin disorders and diseases.
· Cleansing and toning: use of milks and creams, facial steamers and preparation of masks and their uses
· Facial massage: full facial massage sequence from the décolleté right up to the scalp
· Eye treatments: eyebrow shaping, eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
· Electrical treatments: in include steam and ozone, high frequency, galvanic, vacuum suction, infra red, radiant heat, ultra-violet and faradism.
· Make up: the practice and art of day, evening, special occasion and bridal make up. Corrective techniques, colour planning and preparation of the skin prior to application.
· Manicure and pedicure: structure of the nail, nail diseases and disorders, manicure and pedicure procedure, hand and foot massage.
· Waxing: Depilatory waxing, warm strip wax technique and hot/film peel off wax technique for sensitive areas of the body.
· Anatomy& physiology: skeletal system, muscular system, vascular system, lymphatic system, neurological system, respiratory system, digestive system, genito-urinary system, endocrine system and the special senses.
· Body massage: full body Swedish massage sequence and technique, description and application of massage movements, contraindications and effects.
· Diet and nutrition: a thorough understanding of this subject, including fat, carbohydrates, proteins, fibre, minerals, vitamins, dietary disorders and deficiency diseases.
· Exercises, figure correction: isotonic and isometric exercises, recognition of figure faults. Deportment and posture.
· Body Electrical treatments: to include faradism, galvanic, vacuum suction, gyratory massage, ultra-violet rays and heat treatments.
· Electricity: basic science, types of current, alternating and direct currents and their uses and application within body therapy treatments.
Electrolysis: Electrolysis is a method of removing individual hairs from the face or body. It is the only medically proven method of permanent hair removal.
· Anatomy and physiology
· Structure of the skin and hair
· Endocrine system
· Principles and techniques of electrolysis
· Cause of superfluous hair growth
· Short wave diathermy
· Dermatology of the skin diseases/disorders
CIDESCO Project: students are also required to research and write a project of at least 4000 words on a topic/subject relevant to the study of Beauty Therapy prior to sitting their CIDESCO exam along with some case histories also.